Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Rut

My husband and I have been married for 8 months today, yay! I feel like I am really catching on to this whole "newlywed" thing. We are genuinely in love, and respect each other a great deal. We have lots of fun together, and have been helping each other grow through the last few months. Ultimately, being a newlywed has been really great lately.

So where did the title, "The Rut," come from you ask? I feel like I am in a rut as a recent graduate. I am working at the same job I have had all year, that was perfect while I was a student. I wanted to keep this job through the summer because it is flexible, pays decently, and I get to work with my husband. However, every now and then I just feel like I need to change. The change scared me though! I'm not ready for only 2 weeks vacation a year, and the inflexibility. I'm nervous about trying to find something I will enjoy being dedicated to. Even worse, I am nervous about finding a post-graduation job in a good location.

There are so many things that need to be planned and prepared for. I don't really know how to get started. I'm not sure what exactly I am looking for. It is tricky trying to transition into a new identity. Anyone else going through the same thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments help me learn and grow even more. Thank you!