Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Next Step

I have been sick for the last few days, which makes looking for employment not very enticing. Part of me wants to stop looking so hard and just "settle" for a job so I appear as though I am being productive. I strongly dislike appearing as though I am unproductive. My husband is sitting at our kitchen table listening to his music through his headphones while doing his homework. I have no idea how he does both at the same time, I could never pull that off while I was in school. Occasionally he even busts out in song, which makes me smile and sometimes even laugh out loud. Meanwhile, I am browsing through job through postings. It's hard to know exactly what I am looking for. Too bad my job as a "housewife" doesn't really count for much until I have children...and that isn't happening anytime soon. Nonetheless, I will gladly keep my home clean and try to have dinner on the table when my husband gets home anyway.

I'm not going to lie, part of me misses being a student. Not the whole homework part of it...but the working for International Study Programs, and being on the American Studies Council part of it. Trying to find where I will "fit" next is slightly tricky! Wish me luck as I continue on.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I TOTALLY know what you mean! I graduated in December of last year and although I'm now a mom and that is my job for now, I still want to work at a career some day... and I have no idea where! This is a hard step right now, but God has a perfect plan for you! Good luck job hunting, I know how frustrating that can be!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking for a job as well. :( But I would much rather just be a housewife. Too bad we can't get paid for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the job hunting and finding your niche. It could take a while but make sure it is something you thoroughly enjoy. In other words, don't just settle to look productive.

    http://nicolax3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any luck with the job hunt yet?? Hope you find one soon. It's tough out there, but don't you give up. You gotta trust in prayer and fasting to find one. That's the only reason I found a job. :] good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments help me learn and grow even more. Thank you!